This last month, I’ve done some serious shopping at my oasis, Sephora! When you use cosmetics on a daily basis, it seems that the things you use the most all finish at the same time. And personally, I can’t step foot into Sephora and not leave with a basket full of products (hello checkout aisle bins!). I decided to load up on items I needed to restock as well as try something’s I’d been having my eyes on. Below are the 10 items I got as well as details and mini reviews for each, all fantastic beauty products and in my opinion, worth every hard earned penny!
1. Sephora – Hourglass – “Ambient Lighting Powder” – In Color: Diffused Light – $45.00 – http://www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1483551 – An excellent finishing powder! I like setting my under eye concealer with this product…It captures, diffuses and softens the way light hits your skin…It really helps refine the skins appearance…The color I chose was “Diffused Light” which is a nice and soft pale yellow shade that gets rid of shine and redness…The packaging is an almost elegant looking compact with interior mirror…The consistency is also very buttery, but not at all cakey in any way…LOVE THIS!
2. Sephora – Stila – “Sweet Treat Bronzing Powder” – $14.00 – http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=stila%20sweet%20treat&skuId=1582915&productId=P384671&_requestid=113290 – I’ll be honest, the first thing that captured my attention about this item was the $14.00 price tag! I don’t think I’ve ever seen any bronzing product in Sephora for that cheap, TOTAL SCORE! The packaging looks like a tiny box of delicious chocolates…When you swirl the product altogether on your brush, it creates a beautiful and natural golden glow on your cheeks…You get extreme color pay off and you get a great mix of matte as well as shimmery shades!
3. Sephora – Stila – “Eye Shadow” – In Color: Kitten – $18.00 – http://www.sephora.com/eye-shadow-P8431?skuId=1330281 – I had long been eyeing this amazing eyeshadow! It’s a cult classic for any beauty lover! Stila’s “Kitten” is a gorgeous shimmering nude pink shade that is great as a brow/cheek highlight or an all-over lid color…It’s an award winning product and the quality is simply amazing…I like the fact that the pan is magnetic, so you can actually refill it or remove it from its pot! Kitten is highly pigmented, doesn’t crease easily and blends superbly! NEW FAVE!
4. Sephora – Dior – “Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm” – $27.00 – http://www.sephora.com/creme-de-rose-smoothing-plumping-lip-balm-P254222?skuId=1223338 – The $27.00 price tag on this baby had me hesitant to purchase this lip balm for weeks! I had heard about “Creme De Rose” through many of my favorite You Tube beauty vloggers…They just kept going on and on about how amazing this balm was, so I decided to bite the bullet at least once and just get it! This item has been the first lip balm besides my EOS one that has helped completely hydrate and moisturize my lips during this brutal winter here in NYC…My lips have been more chapped than usual and this product has worked wonders! It includes SPF 10, is non-sticky and comes in a pretty and universal shade of petal pink…Dior captured the light smell of roses perfectly with this balm…Obviously if you’re not a fan of rosy scents, this isn’t the product for you! The packaging is sturdy and a simple all white classic circular pot…I haven’t noticed a real plumping effect with this guy, but on all other levels, this lip balm is BOMB!
5. Sephora – Tarte – “Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush” In Color: Flush – $30.00 – http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=TARTE%20Amazonian%20Clay%2012-Hour%20Blush%20P278610&skuId=1306844&productId=P278610&_requestid=113964 – I am a huge fan of Tarte Cosmetics, so it was a no brainer when I decided to finally try their Amazonian clay 12-hour blush! I got a very pretty pinkish berry color named “Flush” and boy does it make you look like just that! Tarte blushes are very pigmented so just a swipe or two will do the trick! As promised, it is extremely long wearing…I never have to retouch my blush when I wear this little gem! This product is naturally baked in the sun and is nutrient rich…Since I have combination oily/dry skin, this product really helps minimize this…The pink compact that cases the blush is super cute and great to take on the go!
6. Sephora – Anastasia Beverly Hills – “Brow Wiz” – In Color: Medium Ash – $21.00 – http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=ANASTASIA%20BEVERLY%20HILLS%20Brow%20Wiz%20P202633&skuId=1056084&productId=P202633&_requestid=114953 – I LOVE Anastasia Beverly Hills! Her clear brow gel and eyeshadow palettes are just some of my Holy Grail products…This slim mechanical/retractable pencil is double sided and includes a spooly to help comb out your eyebrow hairs after penciling them in! I have naturally thick eyebrows, but I do have some sparse areas that I like to fill in so my brows look defined/clean and this product does the job quickly and easily!
7. Sephora – NARS – “Blush” – In Color: Albatross – $30.00 – http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=nars%20albatross&skuId=957324&productId=P2855&_requestid=114380 – This light sheer/golden sheen highlight is absolutely stunning! It just gives you a very natural look and has great pigmentation…It’s also creamy and long-lasting…Awesome addition to my collection!
8. Sephora – NARS – “Lip Lacquer” – In Color: Chelsea Girls” – $25.00 – http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=nars%20chelsea%20girl&skuId=222653&productId=P2864&_requestid=114576 – Another cult classic, NARS “Chelsea Girls” lip lacquer is all that and a bag of chips LOL! This nude-beige shade comes in a portable glass finished pot and provides a sheer/natural splash of glossy color to the lips…It’s a little bit sticky, but not to the extent where I can’t stand it…This lacquer feels moisturizing and has great staying power! Makes my lips look lovely and lusty 🙂
9. Sephora – Elizabeth And James – “Nirvana White Rollerball” – Size: 0.34oz – $22.00 – http://www.sephora.com/nirvana-white-rollerball-P384464?icid2=Elizabeth_and_James_The_Collection_carousel_P384464_image – Um, can I just say this is like crack in a bottle! I literally cannot stop smelling this and putting it on! The blend of peonies, chic muguet and musk is completely captivating and alerts the senses! It’s a very sensual scent with a feminine edge! So mad I just got the rollerball, I need to purchase the actual life sized bottle ASAP!
10. Sephora – GLAMGLOW – “ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment” – Size: 1.7oz – $69.00 – http://www.sephora.com/thirstymud-tm-hydrating-treatment-P384782?icid2=GlamGlow_Bestsellers_Carousel_P384782_image – This mask has revitalized my skin! It is extremely hydrating and you can either wear it for a few minutes then wash off or leave it on over night for an extra boost of moisture! It calms and replenishes the skin to a whole other level…When you wake up your face looks dewy, silky soft and you have a lit from within glow that’s indescribable…Your complexion will look and feel healthy…Again the $69.00 price tag is very steep, but this actually WORKS! It did for my skin anyway! Would repurchase in a heart beat!