The awesome and stylish supermom Åse from “A Spoonful Of Style” nominated me for the “Liebster Award” this week and I could not be more honored. For someone to think I deserve any type of award so early on in my blogging mini career, 6-7 months strong to be exact, is amazing and flattering! Thank you so much for the nomination, truly appreciate it with all my heart, totally made my day! 🙂
Check out her lovely blog here:
Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are my answers to the ten questions asked by “A Spoonful Of Style”:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted an outlet to express my interests in fashion/beauty with others who shared the same passions. I wanted my own personal escape, something of my very own that I could do after hours and on weekends when I was off from my day job. My goal is and has always been to inspire others in the fashion/beauty world and to help them achieve looks and get their hands on things they desire without having to always break the bank via my own purchases/reviews.
2. What destination would you most like to travel to and why?
Paris & Italy…Ever since I can remember, I always wanted to go and explore Europe. These two locations are breath-takingly beautiful. Paris is the city of love, I would like to go there with my husband on a romantic getaway. Also want to check out their culture, delicious pastries, fine clothing, Eiffel tower, and of course their lovely art at the L’ouvre museum. And Italy is simply gorgeous from what I heard. Amazing food and clothing, kind people, full of nature and totally a laid back environment. It’s picture perfect especially as a destination to just get away from it all!
3. Are you a lipstick or lipgloss girl? Lipstick all the way!
4. Which scent do you wear?
Caudalie “Fleur De Vignes”
5. If you were invisible for a day where would you go/what would you do (keep it clean please )? Hmmm this is not a tough question at all lol! If I had the power to be invisible, I’d definitely hit up a bank…you can figure out for yourselves what I’d do there…
Hope that’s clean enough for you…Sorry couldn’t resist had to be honest with myself! Let’s be real people like you wouldn’t do the same?! Haha!
6. Which quality do you value most in others? Total raw and pure honesty. I hate being lied to and I try my best not to do this to others. I don’t sugar coat things to make you feel good about yourself and I expect the same.
7. What is your most treasured possession? My grandmother’s pearl necklace and heart shaped gold/sapphire and diamond necklace pendant. I wore the pearls on my wedding day and I wear the pendant almost on a daily basis. Especially because I got these pieces of jewelry a year before she passed away.
8. Do you prefer to shop online or in store and why? I prefer to shop in store because I love to try things on and make sure the fit is perfect for my shape. Working in the fashion field as a tech designer makes this imperative. Plus I hate having to go back and return things!
9. Who is your style icon?
Can’t pick just one…Chanel, Jennifer Lopez, Gwen Stefani, Kerri Washington, Sarah Jessica Parker (back in the sex and the city days), Bianca Jagger, Marilyn Monroe & Audrey Hepburn.
10. What’s your favourite outfit at the moment? My Rebecca Taylor “Star Flower Shift Dress” in color: navy. It has beautiful star/floral printed patterns and solid color blocking that makes this piece standout. And this dress is very flattering and slimming, I’ve worn it like 4-5 times this summer lol!
My questions for the nominees!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your real name/nickname and where do you reside?
3. Do you have a saying or a personal motto?
4. If you could have dinner with any fashion/beauty icon alive or dead who would it be and why?
5. What does fashion mean to you?
6. If you had a one way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
7. Who’s been the person that influenced and inspired you the most fashion wise?
8. What is your biggest goal or dream? And how do you plan on making it happen?
9. Have you made or shown any recent act of kindness towards another person, especially the less fortunate? If so, what was it?
10. If you were stuck on a desert island and had the option of one last meal what would it be?
The 10 Nominees! (Drumroll please!) 😀