Saturday’s are definitely my day to hit up the drugstore and find some goodies, I mean besides getting some basic household necessities 😀 I can be in there for hours just going through every makeup section there! It’s been a while since I actually bought more than 2 things at a time. So I figured it was time to stock up on items I needed which I just ran out of, see below detailed info and reviews!
1. Duane Reade – Beauty Basics PRO – “Retractable Powder Brush” – $4.99, PROS: Lightly glides on loose or pressed powder, retractable for easy storage at home or in your purse…CONS: Bristles started to come loose after one application, will not be re-purchasing.
2. Duane Reade – Dove – “Travel Size…Go Fresh Cool Essentials Deodorant” – Scent: Cucumber & Green Tea – $1.79, PROS: As the summer heat starts approaching, I like to carry a travel size deodorant in my bag for those sweaty out-breaks and this one by Dove is perfection. Smells great, helps keep you fresh, clear and dry…CONS: None to discuss!
3. Duane Reade – Rimmel London – “Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer, 2-In-1 Concealer & Highlighter” – In Color: 230 Fair/Light – $6.79, PROS: Helps conceal signs of fatigue under eyes, helps to highlight and illuminate entire under eye area, purchased a shade lighter than my actual skin-tone so the areas I want to highlight show in full effect, small brush applicator at tip will give you precision coverage with no extra mess…CONS: Not really used to liquid concealers anymore as I normally use a concealer crayon or lipstick, so I found it to have a bit of a watery consistency that I didn’t like too much…
4. Duane Reade – Milani – “Color Statement Lipstick” – In Color: 12 Flamingo Pose – $6.49, PROS: Color is super rich and vibrant, shade goes on smoothly, leaves lips feeling completely moisturized and glossy, gold packaging is absolutely beautiful (very reminiscent of YSL packaging), love that the bottom of the lipstick is clear so you’re able to see the color without opening the lipstick top itself (see below photo of shade swatch on my hand)…CONS: None to discuss, definitely plan on getting every lipstick on this line!!!
5. Duane Reade – Rimmel London – “Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder” – In Color: 004 Sandstorm – $6.49, PROS: Lightweight packaging, gives you up to 5 hours of long lasting natural shine control with it’s natural minerals and matte finish, helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections…CONS: Wish it would have included it’s own brush or sponge applicator so I didn’t have to buy it separately and spend more money…
6. Duane Reade – Milani – “Color Statement Lip Liner” – In Color: 04 All Natural – $3.99, PROS: Nice neutral shade for everyday use to line lips prior to lipstick or gloss use, helps give your lips a smooth and defined shape, gold top makes it seem more expensive than it actually was (see below photo of shade swatch on my hand)…CONS: None – love, love, love it!